Black Beans, no salt, boiled
1. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is cooked.
2. In a medium bowl, roughly mash the black beans with a fork. Leave some beans whole.
3.Add cooked quinoa, bread crumbs, bell pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, hot sauce, and egg into the black beans.
4. Form the black bean mixture into 4 patties.
5. Spray a glass baking dish with oil and place patties in dish. Place in a preheated oven 425F for about 20 minutes. This will help patties become more firm and easier to manage.
6. Remove patties from oven. Allow to cool slightly. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Place patties on skillet.Brown patties in hot oil for 2-3 minutes per side.