Shared by Sara Schmidt; Fit Mama, Nutrition & Health Enthusiast and Professional,
Wife and mom of 2
I think i have found my favorite lunch or breakfast...OK, we ate it for dinner last night! Really it's delish for any meal. At dinner we ate it on whole grain toast topped with an egg and a side of cut up tomatoes. Not only is it delicious but it's super easy and full of nutrients.
This morning my husband craved it wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla. YUM! Let's just say next time I make it I will double the recipe. The best thing about it is that you can add your own twist on it. You could leave out the beans and add fine chopped celery. Also, it would be a fun and healthy dip to serve with pita chips or fresh veggies at your next social gathering. Enjoy!!
3-4 medium chicken breasts
1 large ripe avocado
1/4 cup green onion chopped
1 tsp Garlic powder (I used Garlic Galore from Wildtree)
1 tsp onion powder (I LOVE absolutely Onion by Wildtree)
1 tsp chopped cilantro
Salt and pepper
Red Pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 cup rinsed black beans (optional)
1) Boil, bake or grill chicken breasts until done. I use frozen natural chicken breasts from Sams. Toss them on the grill, oven or in your boiling water FROZEN!! No need to defrost!
2) Shred with a fork and knife or cut into small cubes.
3) Add all other ingredients.
4) Smash the avocado with a fork and mix with other ingredients.
5) Eat right away or put in fridge for an hour to chill.